Every Friday, Rentping Media publishes a round-up of great articles from around the internet relating to apartment marketing. This week, get the best of posts looking forward to marketing in 2013! Enjoy!
- "The Attention Paradox." Great article from marketing guru Seth Godin that summarizes a key tenet of our philosophy: Marketing is more about keeping attention than it is about getting attention.
- "Three Internet Trends that Could Shift Your 2013 Apartment Marketing Plans." Two of these three trends deal with the rise of mobile technology, but the real gem here is Michael Cunningham's take on Generation Y. Good read.
- "The Social Media Cheat Sheet for Business." Although social media is a huge buzzword in the apartment industry, there is still a lot to learn--whether you are a beginner trying to figure out the difference from Twitter to Facebook, or whether you want to plot out your strategy for 2013. This is a great introduction from Unbounce.
- "Social Media Trends that are Colliding in 2013." A really fascinating article from Mark Schaefer analyzing where social media might head in 2013.
- "10 Web Design Trends You Can Expect to See in 2013." The Next Web puts together a very insightful set of slides to show the near-future of web design. This is a very important article.
- "A Breakdown of All Your Website's Traffic Sources (What Means What?)." If your New Year's resolution is to finally figure out what the heck Google Analytics is telling you about your website's traffic sources, HubSpot has the perfect introductory article here.
- "25 PPC Tips & Tricks to Try in 2013." From Elisa Gabbert at WordStream, a great set of ideas for 2013. Elisa includes tips for beginners and experts alike.
- "What the Heck is SEO? A Rebuttal." On Smashing Magazine, Bill Slawski and Will Critchlow offer a fantastic explanation of what a Search Engine Optimization professional does for their clients. Really good, thorough read.