Every Friday, Rentping Media publishes a round-up of great articles from around the internet relating to apartment marketing. This week's articles include a lot about Google and a lot about social media. Enjoy!
- "3 Ways to Prepare for the Next Google Algorithm Update." This article from Crazy Egg is a great overview of the new emphasis that Google is placing on quality content. If you want your website to do well on Google, then now more than ever you need good content.
- "Google Analytics Guide: 4 Easy Tips for Getting Started with Analytics & Website Goal Setting." If Google Analytics mystifies and confuses you, you aren't alone! Google Analytics is incredibly powerful software for your website, but incredibly complicated. Still, there isn't a better way to determine how people are finding your apartment community's website, and what they are doing on your website once they arrive. This article is a great way to get started.
- "The Anatomy of the Perfect PPC Ad [Infographic]." If you want to take your PPC (Pay-Per-Click, or paid advertising) campaigns to the next level, this infographic from Unbounce has some great information. Highly recommended!
- "A Step-by-Step Guide to Flawless On-Page SEO [Free Template]." Great information on how to begin to develop the search engine optimization of your website, with a free Excel spreadsheet template for planning out your work.
- "What Does Generation Y Want from an Apartment?" Really great research published by Property Management Insider to get into the minds of how to position your properties if you are targeting Generation Y. This article is a must read.
- "How to Turn Your Social Media Page Into a Leasing Hub." From Multifamily Executive, 4 tips on how to leverage your social media to improve your leasing processes. This article has a somewhat higher view than what we would take of how successful social media can be to drive new leases (see our articles on Apartment Facebook Marketing and on Apartment Marketing Strategy on Google+), but some great information here.