Every Friday, Rentping Media publishes a round-up of great articles from around the internet relating to apartment marketing. This week, we are featuring SEO, Social Media, and Apartment Marketing Strategy articles. Enjoy!
- "Could Bad SEO Bring Down Your Business?" From Sonia Simone on Copyblogger, who reflects on an SEOmoz article Are SEOs Destroying Small Businesses?, this is a really good look at a critical issue in the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) world--namely, that there are no shortcuts to good SEO work. Good SEO work requires quality content that users want to consume. For your apartment company, this means quality apartment content that actually help users to find their next apartment. Good SEO work can bring you a lot of new business for years to come; bad SEO can destroy your traffic from search engines, leaving you invisible to prospective residents.
- "5 Link Building Tactics to Improve Your Local Rankings." From Matt Green on SEOmoz, a great article with ideas on how to build quality links to improve your apartment community's rankings in local searches. Really important information if you want to continue to climb the search engine rankings.
- "How Do You Budget for Social Media Marketing?" If you are trying to think through how to plan for investing in social media in the coming year, this blog post from Mark Schaefer can help you visualize how your social media expenses might relate to your business's awareness.
- "20 Stats That Explain Why Marketers Still Struggle to Measure Social Media ROI [Data]." From HubSpot, some really interesting statistics about measure the Return on Investment from social media. If you are interested in getting your bosses to invest more in social media, these statistics might help you out!
- "5 Facebook Marketing Resources You Didn't Know About." Fascinating! These are 5 gems for taking your apartment Facebook marketing to the next level.
- "Raising Up a Marketing Clone Army - Knowing When to Outsource Marketing Activities." Unless you are a full-service marketing firm (which, if you are a property management company, you probably aren't), there will necessarily be marketing activities that you will need to outsource. Jordan Evans at Optify offers a great strategy for deciding what to outsource, and what to keep in-house.
- "9 Questions to Ask Before You Publish Your Next Online Ad." High quality introduction to how to create effective, quality ads for a variety of media. Very good read from Crazy Egg.